Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things to be excied about.

I love it when it's time to take a visit back home to see my whole family. It has been far too long between trips home this time. By the time we make it back to Moses Lake, it will have been a year since we were there last. A year since I last saw my brother and sister, a year since I last saw my nieces and nephew. So many things I've missed by choosing to live 2,000 miles away here in Oklahoma. I don't say that meaning to sound sad or resentful or anything negative, it's just a fact.

So, I have spent this evening watching TV with my computer in my lap searching for the best deal on flights this summer. I got really excited when I found tickets for $218 a piece - unfortunately there weren't enough seats on the days we wanted to travel. Darn. I'd way rather spend under $500 instead of nearly $700! Hopefully I'll find a deal sooner rather than later so I can begin getting excited about our trip home.

On another note... I was super excited because the sun was shining today. It was the first day of sunshine in forever, it seems like. We have had way too much rain, snow, fog and overall yucky winter weather. 

Jimmy and I are making progress on our fence by our house so I can move my horse closer.  We bought Ewok the beginning of summer last year, knowing he still needed a bit of work under saddle but I just haven't had the time to dedicate to finishing him out.  Hopefully, now that he will be right out my door I'll be able to spend more time with him and making him into the awesome horse I know he can be.

I realize what I just wrote has been the ramblings of a restless mind, but as of right now, that's all I have to work with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment