Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm a runner!

I never in a million years thought I'd say it, but I think I've officially become a runner!
I have to give credit to Couch to 5K and especially the C25K App. Having the app on my phone that gave me instructions on when to run, walk, let me know when I was 1/2 way done, time for cool-down, was so incredibly helpful.  When I started 9 weeks ago, running 60 seconds about killed me. Now, for my run tonight, I went a few extra minutes so I could make sure I hit the 3 mile mark.  That's 30+ minutes of running. Without stopping.  Used to be unheard of for me, but now it's like an addiction. I'd heard of "runners high" before, but never experienced it until now. Last Friday, I felt crappy and really didn't feel like running and after my run, I felt fantastic. It helps that I also now have a friend who runs that I run with. He pushes me and encourages me and helps me finish the run. It's awesome.

Well, my fantastic hubby is unloading the dishwasher while I finish my post and get ready to shower.
More later.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment